Thursday 25 January 2018

Eve Goodman ~ Dacw ‘Nghariad (Welsh Folk Song)

I awoke the other night from a dream telling me that Tolkien’s Elvish was based on Welsh. In my daily deluge of synchronous gifts and delights, I’ve received some odd nudges to learn Welsh, so I decided to investigate that dream. Sure enough, Tolkien based Elvish on Welsh sounds and grammar. Well, then! I completed my first lesson today.

It’s a musical language, and of all the languages I’ve had on my potential docket, perhaps one of the least practical. On the other hand, the way my life works, I wonder what surprises learning Welsh will bring. 🙂

In any case, I find it enchanting. I hope you do, too!



source https://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/eve-goodman-dacw-nghariad-welsh-folk-song/

No comments:

Post a Comment