Tuesday 29 May 2018

Where Were You in December 1994?

Today’s post comes from a series of recent dreams, along with some surprising follow-up that came through in last week’s intuitive coaching sessions. When exploring this dream information brought forth key moments in clients’ and friends’ lives, I began researching the astrology of late 1994 and found some potent alignments. Since this seems to be part of a larger pattern, I thought I’d share some of the dream and discoveries here.

I have always been a huge dreamer, both awake and asleep. My painted portal doors and “Schizandra and the Gates of Mu” all came through dreams, and dreams have guided my most important decisions since childhood. In fact, my waking life includes so many overt signs, symbols and surreal instant manifesations that it often feels more dreamlike than not. I set an intention before going to sleep one night last week, asking to find the most relevant time period that would answer my question.

I expected to land somewhere in May 1998 around the time of my traumatic brain injury, but the dream went further back to December 1994 — specifically, Christmas Break 1994. I had wisdom tooth surgery from which the doctors could not get me to return from anesthesia. The surgery itself was difficult, too, only removing my left, impacted wisdom teeth instead of the planned all four because those left ones took so much longer than anticipated. When I did not wake up, they called my dad into the room to let him know the next emergency steps. Apparently, I didn’t like the sound of those, because I woke up when they mentioned machines and coma.

Or at least, part of me woke up.

My recent dream revealed that another, very powerful part of me, remains dreaming in December 1994. This part accounts for the surreal way my life unfolds, including any fiction I write manifesting itself in “real” life. I considered that time period in my life and soon recognized it as the real crossroads that eventually led to my TBI.

A strange thing happened in sessions, though: on a hunch, I asked clients and friends what kind of decision points or life situations began to unfold in December 1994 and found that this period had heightened significance for many more people than just me. It seems a timeline rift occurred between late December 1994 and Summer 1995. Some people utilized that time to make huge, positive shifts in their lives, which put them directly onto their current life path. Others saw that time period as the beginning of a downward spiral leading directly to last week’s dilemmas.

My own exploration of that six months proved so fertile for me that I encouraged clients for whom that period had strong relevance to request more information in a dream or through signs and synchronicities. I also researched the astrology of that window and began to see that as a kind of “last call for awhile” for certain options. Pluto entered its home sign of Scorpio in November 1983 and crossed into the 29th (karmic) degree of Scorpio on December 17, 1994. It would remain in that most karmic degree of the most karmic sign until January 17, 1995, when it entered Sagittarius, then retrograding back through late Scorpio until November 1995 when it entered Sagittarius for good. In other words, December 17, 1994-January 17, 1995 marked a preview of the final time Pluto would transit Scorpio in any of our lifetimes.

An article on the Pluto in Scorpio generation independently and synchronously walloped a client and me over the head after a session. You can click here to read, “The Evolutionary Intention of the Pluto in Scorpio Generation: 1983-1995.” Although written for people born during that time frame, it does a nice job describing the overarching themes and energies of Pluto in Scorpio. A few highlights include: transmutation, metamorphosis, death and rebirth, power, sexual and spiritual energies, purification, abandonment, loss, betrayal, occult (hidden) wisdom, and the subconscious.

In addition to Pluto making final preparations to leave Scorpio, in December 1994, Uranus and Neptune were also preparing to separate from their ongoing conjunction in Capricorn (1991-1995). For me, personally, this period covered my entire college career. In larger themes, the wild, revolutionary, Aquarian energy of Uranus synched up with the dreamy, artistic, spiritually transcendent, ideal love, boundary-less, intuitive, and potentially addictive qualities of Neptune. This combo of Uranus and Neptune in Capricorn (ruled by gatekeeper/initiator Saturn), created intense subconscious pressure to change. Combined with the final degree of Pluto in Scorpio, decisions made (or avoided) during this time window created huge ripple effects.

Some people took decisive steps to prevent total burnout, while others rejected warnings of needed change. Authentic action (Uranus) seems to have been rewarded during that time, but actions motivated by fear (Saturn, Pluto) or delusion/confusion/addiction (Neptune) led to later crises. Not surprisingly, I learned that some people spiraled into patterns of drug abuse in late 1994 to early 1995. In my own life, I finished my very timely honors thesis called, “Milton’s Phoenix: Raphael, Poetry and Transmutation in Paradise Lost.”  In retrospect, I find it uncanny how that thesis exactly mirrored the energies of late 1994-Spring 1995. No wonder I won the UNC-English Department’s prize for best honor’s thesis!

Instead of trusting the alchemy and Uranian-Neptunian, Plutonic wisdom I learned through writing my thesis, though,  I pulled a classic Saturn refusal to change course. So many signs and dreams told me not to pursue graduate school, but I listened to my father’s threats and insistence that becoming an English professor was the only job I could ever do. I wound up enrolled in University of Chicago’s M.A. in English Language and Literature, which I began two months before Pluto left Scorpio for good.

It would take the disappointments and frustration of my Master’s degree, combined with more dreams, wild synchronicities and that fateful “Tower Card” 1998 TBI to get me back on track. Apparently, I was one of the lucky ones, because my course corrected fast. Others I spoke with last week continue dealing with the consequences of December 1994. Even if not conscious of any one event, people note areas of struggle that seem to stem from that period. It seems like an especially big time period related to current relationship longings and frustrations. The Royal Wedding also seems to have dredged up fairy tale notions of ideal love (Neptune) and/or the desire to escape current commitments that may have run their course.

Each person’s soul-ution will, of course, depend on where you were in your life during that time. Perhaps you already course corrected. Maybe you need to reclaim some part of your soul that took a different path. Perhaps you need to remind your then-self that you did have options, even if you couldn’t see them then. In the novel, “The Education of Oversoul Seven,” Jane Roberts/Seth do an excellent job showing how different aspects of our souls related to each other — and how healing one part heals and affects all the others in some way. Despite mainstream insistence otherwise, all time is NOW. We can and do influence previous, parallel and future versions of ourselves, whether or not we realize our own capacity and power.

This is a long post identifying a potent window of potential healing and opportunity. I cannot guarantee you’ll find any gems in your own December 1994-Summer 1995, but maybe the ideas in this article will trigger other memories or reclamation. I don’t know what you’ll do with the information, but please feel free to schedule a session if you feel something warrants further exploration. Not everything I write applies to everyone, but when I hear many accounts of a similar theme in the course of a short period of sessions, I figure this theme addresses more than just a few people. Blessings on the journey!

 

 



source https://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/where-were-you-in-december-1994/

No comments:

Post a Comment