Monday 5 February 2018

Winter Wonderland and Crystal Fun

We are just loving the Winter Wonderland of West Michigan! So many snow and ice-filled delights to see, even from our windows — I thought I’d share some of the beauty and magic here:

IMG_1805

This first portal view came through the West window of my office on Friday morning. The two below show views through the little powder room facing the backyard, and our front bay window, also on Friday:

IMG_1803

IMG_1804

I could just stare at the snow-capped evergreens all day long. Indeed, they stand vigil with me while I do sessions:

IMG_1811

Years ago, I created a “sacred grove” inside my head, and it featured blue spruce surrounding me in quiet love. Our backyard and the neighborhood out front feature so many spruces that I feel like my inner grove manifested outwards to form a womblike presence around our home. So grateful for their stately beauty!

We’ve also continued our adventures to and around frozen Lake Michigan. This past weekend took us to Saugatuck. We found Saugatuck almost deserted compared to our last visit on Labor Day Weekend. So many stores and restaurants close for the season, and so we found ourselves needing to rework original plans.

Everything fell into perfect alignment, though, as our redirected plans revealed a tiny metaphysical shop we would otherwise have missed: Mother Moon. Our recently passed friend Tim made known his presence with some bizarre physics (i.e. spontaneously moving an entire shelf of tarot decks) to point out the very deck he’d urged me to get while he could still physically text. Once I picked up that deck, we found so many more sync winks from him there, too. We both could feel him laughing and shopping with us. A couple times I turned around expecting to see him in the flesh!

I left with a bagful of unexpected goodies, including Tim’s literal nudge towards The Jungian Tarot. My favorite discovery was this mosaic chalcedony crystal, which called to me from all around the little store:

IMG_1810

The iron and opal inclusions pop with the window behind it, and the crystal reminds me of both fire and ice. I love it! Speaking of fire and ice, David surprised me yesterday with orange roses that carry on the theme in our dining area:

IMG_1825

But back to Saugatuck: we decided to take a peek at Saugatuck Dunes State Park. It was cold and windy, but we found the parking lot surprisingly full. We love how people in Michigan just love the winter. It was so chilly that I donned an extra coat of David’s over the turtleneck, sweater and winter coat I already wore. Topped off with hat and a thick infinity scarf, I felt good to go.

We hiked a hilly, snowy, icy and sandy trail through evergreens and bare branched deciduous trees, all the way down to the Lake. Slick patches of ice on the hills demanded full attention during our 2.5 mile walk, but David insisted on taking a few shots of me looking like an Antarctic explorer or frozen bird of paradise near the Lake. He liked the contrast of the dark, bulky coat layers with the frozen waves and snow covered sand dunes.

IMG_1814

IMG_1822

IMG_1821

The hike back finally warmed me up enough to remove the top coat and even unzip mine. Yes, it’s cold and snowing in Michigan. I know some people don’t like winter, but we love all the seasons. Getting outside on a regular basis keeps the brain and body happy. Witnessing such beauty makes my soul smile.

Wishing you and yours some magic today — whatever that means for you. We live in a miraculous world, whenever we allow ourselves to experience it that way.

Blessed Be … and be the blessing …

 



source https://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/winter-wonderland-and-crystal-fun/

No comments:

Post a Comment