Thursday 27 December 2018

Hedgehog Haven: Wisdom and Spirit of the Hedgehog

Most people know that I have a long and close relationship with owls and more recently with foxes. But not everyone knows about my deep love of hedgehogs. I think they’re adorable, and all through gifts, they’re slowly gaining a foothold in Dra’Faven. I took a photo of the Fox Faery doll Tania gave me for Christmas, showing how without prior planning, she fit in perfectly with the animals and crystals. I mentioned the orgone ferret curled up alongside her, as well as the amethysts.

IMG_2696

Tania said, “…All so magickal. And that hedgehog is also cute.” That prompted me to take pictures of the other resident hedgehogs. I didn’t realize we had so many until I snapped the photos! These ones said they’re OK making a blog appearance. The two characters below arrived for Christmas/Solstice from our friends Tracy and Chip. They’re sitting alongside a magick rock painted by Tania back when David and I still lived in Goshen:

IMG_2695

My mom got me this next one when we visited the Frederick Meijer Sculpture Gardens with her last December:

IMG_2697

David brought this little reader home for me earlier this year:

IMG_2698

I can’t remember who gave me this first one. It’s been so long now — early Goshen years — but this stuffed hedgehog can roll himself up in a ball just like the real ones:

IMG_2699

Lastly, David and I share joint custody of this little crystal hedgehog that Tania gave us last year. Right now, David’s got custody, and CHH (Crystal Hedgehog)’s hanging out in “The Imaginarium,” aka David’s office:

IMG_2700

With all these hedgehogs around, I decided to look up hedgehog wisdom, which I’ve done before, too. The messages seem even more appropriate now, so I thought I’d share. According to animalspirits.com, Hedgehog Wisdom includes:

  • Wisdom of the female elders
  • Fertility
  • Defense against negativity
  • Enjoyment of life
  • Understanding weather patterns

Other websites echo the call to enjoy life, but also to share your gifts. Don’t curl up and hide; spread those gifts in a bigger way. This goes right along with my post about integrating my Capricorn North Node with my Plutonian need for privacy. Hedgehogs also remind us to have strong boundaries and energetic protection, but to remain curious about life. Mostly, I just think they’re cute. They melt my heart a little every time I see them, so having hedgehogs around keeps the person David calls “The Biggest Faery” a very merry Faery, indeed!

I’m curious if you have an animal totem or favorite animals? If so, how do they show up in your life?

 



source https://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/hedgehog-haven-wisdom-and-spirit-of-the-hedgehog/

No comments:

Post a Comment